Food Stylist Sara Allchurch* shows how to make moist, delicious yellow cupcakes made with SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener that are always a crowd favorite.
Yellow Cupcake Recipe & Nutrition Information:
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
• 2 1/4 cups cake flour
• 3/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup buttermilk
• 3 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 18 paper baking cups into muffin pans. Set aside.
2. Place cake flour, SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, sugar and softened unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix 1 to 2 minutes with electric mixer set on medium speed, until butter is mixed into flour mixture.
3. Add nonfat dry milk, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix on low speed until blended.
4. Mix buttermilk, eggs and extracts in a small bowl. Stir well. Add 2/3 of the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture. Mix on medium speed mixing until the liquids are just blended into the flour mixture. Stop the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix on medium- high speed about 45-60 seconds until the batter starts to become lighter in appearance. Reduce mixer speed to low and add remaining liquids. Mix on medium speed until blended. Stop mixer and scrape sides and bottom of bowl again. Mix on medium high speed an additional 30 seconds.
5. Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake cupcakes in preheated 350 degrees F oven 12- 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
The frosting for our Banana Bars pairs perfectly with these cupcakes! Check out the full recipe and nutritional information: http://recipes.splenda.com/recipes/1397233-Banana-Bars-with-Cream- Cheese-Frosting
If you’re interested in recipes, tips, members-only offers, special events, and more, sign up for THE SWEET DISH® e-newsletter today: https://www.splenda.com/recipe-club-signup
Like us on Facebook for additional information: https://www.facebook.com/splenda
*Sara Allchurch has been compensated for her participation