No Bake Date Energy Balls – Super Healthy Recipe
These are great for a snack, before a workout and a great healthy alternative to sugar heavy foods. They’re also vegan and gluten free.
– 2 cups of pitted dates. Prefer organic unsweetened medjool dates.
I like to buy the dates with the pits as they maintain the nutrients
– 2 cups of almonds –
If you prefer you can use any nuts you like, I’ve seen these with pistachios or pecans or cashews if you like those better.
– Next we put ¼ cup raw cacao powder –
– ¾ cup unsweetened coconut ¼ cup goes in the mix and we save ½ cup for rolling)
– ¼ tsp pink salt – this enhances the flavor of chocolate and adds great minerals
– ½ tsp vanilla extract for taste
– 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk.
Put this in a food processer for about 2 minutes until you see it all mixed up.
If this is not sticky enough to roll into balls add more almond milk about a tablespoon at a time mixing it until it is sticky enough.
Then just roll them into balls and add the coconut flakes and your done. If you don’t like coconut you can also add hemp seeds or any shredded nuts.
I’ve stored these in the fridge for more than a week and they were still good to go. You can also freeze them if you want to make bigger batches.