Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup – creamy comforting summer soup, full of flavor, served with cheese toasts that makes is totally irresistible.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog:
Makes 3-4 servings
2 1/4 pounds (1kg) tomatoes
2 red bell peppers
1 red onion
1 garlic head (7-8 garlic cloves), skin on
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups (480ml) chicken stock
1 tsp (1g) oregano
1 cup (100g) cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the tomatoes into quarters, red pepper into chunky pieces, onion into wedges and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
3. Add the garlic cloves leaving the skin on.
4. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Leave the oven on to prepare the cheese toasts.
6. Transfer the cooked vegetables with the juice into the bowl of a blender. Squeeze in the garlic flesh and add fresh or dried basil and oregano.
7. Blend until smooth. Pour the soup into a pot and add chicken stock. Bring to a boil.
8. Meanwhile prepare the cheese toasts. Cut the baguette into slices and place the slices on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle or spray each slice with olive oil. Spread grated cheese on top. Season with garlic powder and dried oregano. Bake at 400F (200C) oven for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
9. Serve the soup warm, decorate with cream and basil leaves and serve with cheese toasts. Enjoy!
Background music https://www.audionetwork.com/browse/m/track/junkyard-shuffle_143290?st=albumsearch&ref=2814