50 Pizza recipes
Find ideas for 50 simple pizza toppings, from Food Network Magazine.
#1. Margherita Pizza
Step 2: Stretch 1 pound dough on a floured pizza peel, large wooden cutting board or parchment paper.
Step 3: Top as desired, then slide the pizza (with the parchment paper, if using) onto the stone or baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
Whisk 3 3/4 cups flour and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Make a well and add 1 1/3 cups warm water, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 packet yeast. When foamy, mix in 3 tablespoons olive oil; knead until smooth, 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil, cover in a bowl and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Divide into two 1-pound balls. Use 1 pound per recipe unless noted.
#3. Quattro Stagioli Pizza
6. New York-Style Press dough into an oiled 15-inch pizza pan. Drizzle with olive oil, then top with 1/2 cup tomato sauce and 2 cups shredded mozzarella. Bake, then garnish with pecorino, dried oregano and olive oil.
7. Pepperoni-Mushroom Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6); top with sauteed mushrooms and sliced pepperoni before baking.
8. Sausage-Broccoli Rabe Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6) with only 1 1/2 cups mozzarella. Add 2 crumbled raw sausages. Bake until just crisp, then top with 4 ounces bocconcini, sauteed broccoli rabe and jarred cherry peppers. Bake until the cheese melts.
9. Stuffed Crust Make New York-Style Pizza (No. 6), but before topping, place 8 string-cheese sticks along the edge and fold the dough over. Brush the stuffed crust with olive oil and sprinkle with dried oregano.
#10. Meatball Pizza
13. Sicilian Press dough into an oiled rimmed baking sheet. Cover and set aside until doubled. Top with 3/4 cup tomato sauce and 2 cups shredded mozzarella; drizzle with olive oil and bake.
14. Pepperoni Make Sicilian Pizza (No. 13) with only 1 1/2 cups cheese; bake until just crisp. Top with 6 ounces sliced pepperoni and 4 ounces bocconcini, then bake until bubbly. Garnish with basil and pecorino.
15. Herb Stretch dough into a 15-inch round. Top with olive oil, salt and chopped thyme and oregano. Bake until crisp, then brush with more olive oil.
16. Fennel-Taleggio Make Herb Pizza (No. 15); top with sauteed fennel, 6 ounces sliced taleggio, 2 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts and grated pecorino before baking.
Kana Okada, Jamie Kimm
#17. Baked Ziti Pizza
20. Zucchini Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Top with minced garlic, thinly sliced zucchini, olive oil and red pepper flakes. Bake until crisp.
23. Clam Stretch dough into a 15-by-9-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with oregano and 1 cup shredded mozzarella, then bake until crisp. Top with 8 ounces chopped canned clams and 4 ounces sliced mozzarella; bake until melted.
24. Bianco Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds; top with olive oil, salt, thyme, oregano and 1/2 cup robiola. Bake until crisp, then add 4 ounces each ricotta and bocconcini, olive oil and salt; bake until the cheese melts.
25. Tomato Bianco Make Bianco Pizzas (No. 24); add 1/4 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes with the bocconcini. Top with basil.
26. Bianco Mortadella Make Bianco Pizzas (No. 24); top with 2 ounces sliced mortadella after baking.
#27. BBQ Chicken Pizza
30. Onion-Bacon Make Onion-Corn Pizzas (No. 29). Add 2 tablespoons diced raw bacon before baking. Top finished pizzas with arugula.
Kana Okada, Jamie Kimm
# 31. Onion-Ricotta Pizza
#33. Bacon-Egg Pizza
36. Pissaladiere Make Pepper Lattice Pizza (No. 35) with anchovies in place of peppers.
37. Lamb-Feta Stretch dough into two thin 9-inch rounds; brush each with olive oil. Top each with caramelized onions, 2 ounces cooked ground lamb, 1/4 cup feta and some pine nuts. Bake until golden; top with parsley and mint.
38. Ham-Brie Press dough into an oiled 8-inch square pan. Top with 2 ounces sliced ham, 3 ounces sliced brie and 1/2 thinly sliced green apple. Add olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake until golden.
39. Wild Mushroom Stretch dough into a 15-inch round. Saute 12 ounces wild mushrooms and 3 sliced garlic cloves in olive oil; scatter over dough. Top with 1/2 cup each shredded fontina, Romano and mozzarella; bake until golden.
40. Artichoke Stretch dough into a 15-inch round; brush with olive oil. Top with 1 cup shredded asiago and grilled halved artichoke hearts. Sprinkle with thyme; bake until golden.
#43. Potato-Rosemary Pizza
Kana Okada, Jamie Kimm
#44. Salad Pizza
47. Chicago Press 2 pounds dough into an oiled and cornmeal-dusted 10-inch cake pan. Top with 2 cups each shredded mozzarella and tomato sauce, some cooked sausage and Italian seasoning. Bake at 425 degrees, 40 minutes.
48. Grape-Stuffed Stretch dough into two 12-by-7-inch ovals. Place one piece in an oiled pan and top with 1/2 cup halved grapes and 2 tablespoons sugar, then cover with the remaining dough and press to seal. Top with grapes, sugar, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Bake at 450 degrees until golden.
49. Raisin-Stuffed Make Grape-Stuffed Pizza (No. 48); warm 1/2 cup raisins in brandy and use in place of the grapes. Top with rosemary instead of fennel.
50. Banana-Chocolate Stretch dough into four 6-inch rounds; brush with butter and bake until golden. Saute 3 sliced bananas in butter with 1 tablespoon sugar; add a splash of rum, then spoon over crusts. Drizzle with chocolate-hazelnut spread.