When it comes to seafood crabs are the most sought after! Watch this video to learn how to make Malwani Crab Curry.
MALWANI CRAB CURRY
2 tablespoons Malwani fish masala
5-6 medium crabs, cleaned, unshelled with abdomen and claws
5-6 medium crabs, tiny claws
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chopped onion
½ cup fresh scraped coconut
½ cup dried grated coconut
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
1. Take the crab abdomens and large claws in a bowl. Add salt and turmeric powder, mix and set aside to marinate.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add 2 tablespoons chopped onion, mix and sauté till golden.
3. Add fresh coconut, mix and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add dried coconut, stir and sauté till brown. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Extract the juice from the small crab claws by grinding in a mixer jar with ½ cup water. Strain into a bowl.
5. Grind together the coconut mixture and garlic with ½ cup water into a fine paste.
6. Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add remaining onion and sauté till golden.
7. Add prepared paste, mix well and cook for 1 minute. Add chilli powder and Malwani fish masala and mix well. Add little water, stir to mix and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the marinated crab abdomens and large claws, mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Add the strained crab juice, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add lemon juice and mix well. Add chopped coriander and mix well.
11. Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 40-50 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor