Learn how to make these darling Easter bunny sugar cookies! Take a simple sugar cookie recipe and turn it into a darling Easter dessert by adding a light and fluffy cream cheese frosting, shredded coconut, and marshmallow ears! The heart shaped button nose is the perfect finishing touch!
Then, visit my friend’s YouTube channels for more delicious Easter recipes to get some great Easter dinner menu ideas!
Enjoy Julie, Lisa, and Laura’s Easter recipes videos here:
• Julie: https://youtu.be/oAsuQDyMGBs
• Lisa: https://youtu.be/2IfSrPdfL1g
• Laura: https://youtu.be/vk154mUwa10
For the full blog post – Easter Bunny Sugar Cookie Recipe, click here: https://boxwoodavenue.com/blog/easter-bunny-sugar-cookies
For my basic sugar cookie recipe, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFIH8wGI_Io&t=7s
Easter Bunny Sugar Cookies
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 3/4 c butter
• 1 1/2 c sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 1/2 c flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of salt
• 8 oz cream cheese
• 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
• 1 1/2 c confectioners sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Sprinkles (optional)
• Shredded Sweetened Coconut Flakes
MAKE THE COOKIES:
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• In a large mixing bowl, mix 8 oz. cream cheese and 3/4 cup butter. Once combined & fluffy, add 1.5 cups sugar into the same mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Then, add 1 egg and a splash of vanilla. Mix until light and fluffy.
• Next, sift in 2.5 cups of flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, and a healthy pinch of salt salt. Mix until combined.
• Once the dough is complete, roll into small ping-pong sized balls and press into a greased mini-muffin tin pan.
• Bake at 350 F for 10-12 minutes, until the tops turn golden.
• Remove from the oven and use the rounded end of a wooden spoon, a cork, or similar object to create a bowl shape in each of the cookies.
• Remove cookies from the tray and let cool completely.
MAKE THE FROSTING:
• In a large mixing bowl, beat 8 oz. cream cheese until creamy.
• Add in 1.5 cups sugar and a healthy splash of vanilla – beat until combined.
• Slowly add in very cold heavy cream around the edges of the bowl. Whip with an electric mixer as you add. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form. This may take several minutes.
Note: if the cream is not cold, you may experience trouble getting the mixture to thicken.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
ASSEMBLE THE COOKIES:
• Once the cookies have cooled, remove the frosting from the refrigerator.
• Either pipe, or spoon in frosting into each cookie.
• Top with shredded coconut.
To make the bunny ears, cut a marshmallow diagonally on each side. Place the ears onto the cookies, and if desired, finish with sprinkle eyes and/or nose!
Business Inquiries: email@example.com
My PHOTO Course:
Learn how to take professional photos and master manual mode!
MY ONLINE SHOP:
Discover beautiful farmhouse decor for your home with French antiques mixed in for a collected style full of charm!
Join my Facebook group, “Homesteading and Living Simply on Our Farms” https://www.facebook.com/groups/2049982355293333