Chocolate Cream Easter Egg With A Raspberry Filling
Bookmark Recipe: https://www.scrumdiddlyumptious.com/chocolate-cream-easter-egg
Thanks for watching and don’t forget to subscribe for a first-hand look at all our best recipes and cooking hacks! You can find this recipe and the full instructions on our website or below ↓↓.
Easter is just around the corner, which means it’s time to blow off some steam and whip up some sweet, sweet desserts! And there’s no better to way to do that than with a giant chocolate cream egg frilled with fresh raspberry sauce that will leave your guests thinking you had time to make homemade jam.
For the egg:
– 21 oz dark chocolate
– 1 honeydew melon
– plastic wrap
– duct tape
– parchment paper
For the cream:
– 9 oz cream cheese
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– 3 tbsp powdered sugar
– juice of ½ lemon
– 2 gelatin sheets
– 5 fl oz cream
For the “raspberry jam”:
– 10 oz frozen raspberries
– 1 tbsp sugar
– juice of 1 orange
– raspberries to garnish
1. Chop the chocolate and melt it in a water bath, stirring regularly until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
2. Cut a piece of plastic wrap that’s about 3x as big as the melon. Place the melon in the middle and firmly wrap it up, taping the top to prevent the plastic from opening.
3. Dip the wrapped melon halfway into the melted chocolate and let the excess chocolate drip off.
4. Rest the melon on a piece of parchment paper and let sit until the chocolate hardens.
5. Mix all the ingredients for the cream together and set aside.
6. Once the chocolate has hardened, cut open the plastic wrap and carefully remove the melon from the chocolate.
7. Carefully remove the plastic wrap from the chocolate.
8. Pour the cream filling into the chocolate egg, smooth it out, and let it stiffen.
Tip: To speed up the process, refrigerate the cream-filled egg.
9. Meanwhile, prepare the raspberry sauce. Caramelize the sugar in a pot, add the frozen raspberries and orange juice, and stir constantly until a creamy sauce forms. Once the sauce has cooled, scoop out a section of the cream filling and fill the hollow space with the raspberry sauce. Refrigerate the egg for another hour if you want a firmer center. Garnish with fresh raspberries before serving.
* * * * *
This fruity creamy Easter egg in a chocolate shell will be the perfect centerpiece at your Easter table! If you’re looking for more Easter dessert ideas, you can find the recipe for the Sweet Bread Easter Bunnies featured in the bonus video here: https://youtu.be/V4Ws0Foi-U0