Chole Bhature Recipe, is a popular North Indian Cuisine, which kids an all will love. This is an Indian vegan recipe. Chole Bhature is very popular North Indian Dish. It’s very popular in Punjabi Families
Fore More Recipes: Visit https://www.mintsrecipes.com
Ingredients for making Chole Bhature:
400 gm Kabuli Chana (Chick Peas) Soaked Overnight
3 medium sized chopped Onion
2 big chopped Tomatoes
2 pieces of Green Chilly
1 inch Piece of Ginger
12-15 cloves of Garlic
½ tsp Turmeric powder
¾ tsp Garam Masala
Salt to Taste
2 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp crushed Kasturi Methi
Chopped coriander leaves to Garnish
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ghee
Whole Garam Masala
½ tsp Fenugreek Seed
2 Bay Leaves
2 piece of Kashmiri Red Chilly
¼ Tsp Sugar
How to Make punjabi chole Bhature:
• Wash and soak chickpeas/chole in enough water for 7-8 hours or overnight.
• Take the pressure cooker and cook the chole by adding water, salt and turmeric powder. Pressure cook chole for 6-7 whistles or until soft and tender with just enough water to cover the chickpeas.
• Grind onion, green chilly, garlic and ginger in a food processor with little water and make a smooth paste.
• Add chopped tomatoes in a grinder and puree it. No need to add water while making the paste as the juice of the tomatoes will help in making the paste.
• Keep both the paste aside.
• Heat 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee in a kadhai, add all the ingredients mentioned under whole garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for few seconds.
• Add onion paste and fry, stirring continuously till the oil starts to leave the sides of the paste.
• Add tomato puree and again sauté on medium flame till it oozes oil.
• Add Red chilly powder, salt and stir it well for few seconds.
• Now add cooked chickpeas along with the water. If required add more water according to the consistency required.
• Lastly add kasturi methi, 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder, garam masala and sauté for a minute. Bring it to boil.
• Garnish chole with coriander leaves.
• Serve chole with onion slices, lemon wedges along with bhatura.
• you can also add a pinch or two of baking soda while cooking the chole.
2 cups All Purpose flour ( maida)
1 ½ tbsp Suji
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Baking powder
¾ Cup Yogurt
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp oil + oil for deep frying
How to Make:
1) Take a large bowl and pour All Purpose flour in it.
2) Add Suji (Semolina), salt and mix it well.
3) Mix Yogurt with sugar and baking powder and add to the flour.
4) Knead the flour and make soft but pliable dough without adding water. (As I have not added water i used only curd to make dough).
5) Once the dough comes together, apply oil all over the dough and keep kneading for about 2-3 minutes to make it smooth and elastic.
6) Dough should be stiff enough to roll without extra flour.
7) Our dough is ready.
8) Now cover it with wet cloth and leave to rest for an hour.
9) knead it again and make small balls of the dough and spread little oil on it so that while rolling it will not stick with the rollers.
10) Take one ball of dough and roll it like puri but this needs to be kept thicker than poori.
11) Repeat the same process to roll out all Bhaturas.
12) Heat oil in a pan until it becomes very hot. Put Bhatura and slightly press the top of it with a spatula so that it will swell up like a ball.
13) This should take only a few seconds. Flip the Bhatura over and cook the other side until golden brown.
14) Take out on absorbent paper and serve.
15) Serve hot Chole Bhature , onion and lemon wedges
Mintsrecipes Music: bensound.com