HASSELBACK APPLE RECIPE – How To Make Tasty Hasselback Apple Dessert!
Hasselback Potato originated from the Hasselbacken Hotel Restaurant in Stockholm, Sweden back in the 1950’s. So this delicious apple dessert is a fun spin. If you love baked apples, or any fall dessert that involves cooked apples, you will love this impressive dessert. This tasty apple dessert has cinnamon-sugar butter between the sliced apple layers and a streusel topping. What makes this homemade apple dessert impressive are the slices over the top of the apple that fans out.
♥ Ingredients ♥
2 large firm apples, like Honey Crisp or Pink Lady
♥Cinnamon Butter Topping
2 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 /4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/8 cup of oatmeal
1 teaspoon of flour
1 pinch of salt
a little oil for the baking pan
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Combine in a bowl sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon.
3. Next peel and core the apples.
4. Slice the peeled apples in half from top to bottom.
5. Place the apples cut-side down on a cutting board. Starting at the outermost edges, cut partially the way through each apple half at 1/8 to 1/4-inch apart. Stop just before you cut through the bottom.
6. Place apple halves, cut sides down, on a baking dish coated with cooking spray or oil.
7. Spoon the cinnamon-sugar butter over the apples and between the layers.
8. Cover pan with foil; bake at 400 F for 20 minutes.
9. Remove foil. Bake at 400 F for 10 minutes or until apples are tender.
10. While apples are baking combine remaining sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, oats, flour, and salt.
10. Remove pan from oven. Carefully fan open apple halves and spoon oat mixture evenly over apples.
11. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
12. Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for at least 5 more minutes
Serve with ice cream and your favorite beverage such as coffee, tea or milk.
Be sure to check out our How to Make Hasselback Potatoes A Swedish Potato Side Dish Recipe https://youtu.be/Vma4-xMp2IU
Here is a link to the Hasselbacken Hotel Restaurant https://www.scandichotels.com/hotels/sweden/stockholm/scandic-hasselbacken
♥ We hope you enjoyed our video and recipe! ♥ Give us thumbs up if you like this video & subscribe for more videos. 👍👍 Thanks! Tak!
♥ SUBSCRIBE to learn how to make Scandinavian dishes.
♥ Our Scandinavian Today Cooking Show includes Nordic recipes including Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic and Finnish. You might be interested in other Nordic cooking videos including
Æbleskiver ♥ How to Make Danish Aebleskiver with Apple Filling ❅
How to make Swedish Glogg for Christmas & cold evenings! (glögg or mulled wine recipe)
How to make our easy Danish cucumber salad (Agurkesalat) recipe
How to make Danish Kringle – A Delicious Danish Pastry
Norwegian Cake Recipe – Kvæfjordkake – How to make the World’s Best Cake!
Finnish Spoon Cookies – Lusikkaleivat
Flatbraud – How to Make Icelandic Rye Flatbread
♥ New Episodes (just about) two each week. We have over 250 Nordic recipes.
Please let us know if you have a recipe request!
♥ LET’S CONNECT! ♥
YouTube Scandinavian Today https://goo.gl/LzjnVR
We are Karen Grete & Heidi (mother/daughter team). We are excited about Scandinavian – Nordic art, travel and of course FOOD!
♥To get complete recipe with instructions and measurements, check out our blog
Karen Grete and Heidi