Watch this video to learn how to make Puff Pastry.
4 ¼ cups (500 grams) refined flour + for dusting
250 ml cold water
2 teaspoons (10 grams) salt
5-6 tablespoons (70 grams) butter, softened
2 cups (300 grams)margarine
1. Preheat oven at 210ºC.
2. Take the flour on the worktop and make well in the centre. Pour in 250 ml chilled water, salt and softened butter and work together with your fingertips.
3. When all ingredients are well mixed, work the dough with the palm of your hand until it is completely homogenous, but not too firm. Wrap in the cling film and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
4. Dust the worktopwith some flour and roll the dough in four different places. Roll the dough in to thin sheet.
5. Spread ¼ cup margarine evenly on the rolled sheet and fold to make a book fold. And chilled in the fridge for 15 minutes.
6. Dust the worktopwith some flour and progressively roll the dough gently away from you in to a rectangle spread another ¼ cup of margarine and fold over the ends and make 3 layers.
7. Wrap the dough in a cling film and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest and firm up. Make 4 more turns bringing total to 6. This pastry is now ready to use.
8. Once you have cut the puff pastry in to your desired shape, you must let it rest in a cool place for at least 30 minutes before baking.
9. Bake the puff pastry in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Use as required.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor