🥫 Stuff In Our Cupboard No Knead Bread Recipe – This is a super easy no knead bread loaf, that gives you a rustic, hearty loaf of bread. You can make this loaf with all -purpose flour, or bread flour; whatever you have in your cupboard. We’re also show you how to save yeast, so you can make the next loaf.
875 mL (3½ cups) all-purpose flour
7 mL (1½ tsp) coarse salt
2 mL (½ tsp) instant yeast**
450 mL+ (1¾ cups+) cold tap water (no need to let it run, just whatever comes out)
No Yeast? Check out our Sourdough series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgOb3zseg1hRqfkcpdztxS8j_haMQF6Fa
Follow up loaf using the saved yeast: https://youtu.be/DDbq5FqCppM
🍞 Easy Sandwich Bread Recipe Fluffy White Milk Bread: https://youtu.be/DnwpcFnhcdg
In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and yeast.
Add the water and mix with a fork until the flour is moistened, and forms a ragged dough mass.
Cover and let rest 8 to 12 hours on the counter at room temp.
Preheat the oven to 225°C (450°F).
Place a Dutch oven or heavy pot with a lid in the oven to preheat.
An hour before baking; fold the dough in on itself 6 – 12 times.
Grab the edge, pull up and fold over; turn the bowl a bit and then repeat.
Sprinkle a little flour in a second bowl, transfer the dough and coat with flour.
Re-cover and let rest for about 45 minutes.
Drop the dough into the preheated Dutch oven, cover and cook 30 minutes.
Remove the cover and cook for another 20 – 30 minutes.
Bread is cooked when internal temp reaches 190ºF.
**If using Traditional dry yeast, increase the amount by 25%
I know that everyone credits Jim Lahey with this recipe – and he certainly did re-popularise it especially with the video he made with Bittman and the NY Times in 2006: https://youtu.be/13Ah9ES2yTU
But this recipe / method with the same basic proportions has been around for ages – recipes can be found in cookbooks going back to the 1730’s, with more recent recipes popular in the 1940’s.
Nothing is new; it just gets ‘re-discovered’ and credited to the loudest voice.
Our Other Bread Recipes:
1) Irish Soda Bread – Recipe: https://youtu.be/WoU0mctLQvI
2) 🍞 No Knead Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/4gmCrbBGQy0
3) Saved Yeast No Knead Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/DDbq5FqCppM
4) 🍞 Easy Sandwich Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/DnwpcFnhcdg
5) No Yeast Soda Bread Recipe : https://youtu.be/wCqH28k-TVc
6) 6 Hour Sourdough No-Knead Bread: https://youtu.be/niCu3_dSPl4
7) 1932 Peanut Butter Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/_qL0aVIyyws
8) Sourdough Multi Grain No-Knead Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/Aiuc1sYBK9M
9) Malt Bread Recipe with Raisins: https://youtu.be/Qia0eEWx8mQ
10) 🍌 1½ Pounds of Banana Banana Bread Recipe: https://youtu.be/lu8GX8AMMMw
11’) Down Home’ Newfoundland Molasses Raisin Bread: https://youtu.be/tekUC-SCMio
12) How To Make Sourdough Banana Bread: https://youtu.be/iKSyeQimMBg
13) Is This The Best Sandwich Bread Recipe On Youtube: https://youtu.be/h1bM3_gsLIs
#GlenAndFriendsCooking #stayhome #withme
Have you joined our Channel? 99 cents a month to help us continue making great content:
Check out the ‘Merch’ in our TeeSpring store- T-Shirts, Mugs and more: https://teespring.com/stores/glen-friends-cooking
Please consider donating through PayPal to help us continue creating quality content: