Here’s how to make a delicious Atta Cake, or in other words Whole Wheat Chocolate Cake, all made in a pressure cooker. Not only this cooker cake is high in fiber, but has no added white sugar. This naturally sweet cake is a perfect snack along dish to have with a cup of tea or coffee. Loaded with the goodness of dates, now why don’t you try it out? Oh yes, this can be added to your diet if you’re a diabetic patient, in small servings 🙂
Pitted Dates – 325g
Atta / Whole Wheat Flour – 1 1/3 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Butter – 1/4 cup
Stevia – 2 tbsp (opt.; subs with 1 pinch salt)
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Pistachio – 2 tbsp
1. Begin by preheating the cooker, add in 1 1/2 cups of salt, a wire stand and a plate. Cover and heat for 10 mins in medium flame.
2. Grease a 18cm cake tin with butter.
3. For the batter, begin by adding 325g of dates to a food processor/blender and pulse to chop and keep aside. Alternatively you can finely chop them with a knife
4. Take 1 1/3 cup of atta, 1 tsp each of baking soda & baking powder in this, and also add in 1/4 cup of butter. Blitz to resemble bread crumbs. Alternatively, you can rub butter into flour with hands.
5. Add in 2tbsp stevia, 2tbsp cocoa powder and mix all together. While mixing, pour in 1 1/2 cups of milk and 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
6. Once the batter is smooth, add in the chopped dates and mix well.
7. Pour the batter into the cake tin, top well with chopped pistachios. And transfer the cake tin to the hot cooker and let this bake inside for 40 minutes in low-medium flame.
8. Since this batter has a lot of dates, it might take 5-10 minutes more or less for baking. Check at 35 minutes, and increase thereafter.
9. Once baked, take out and let cool completely. Slice up & serve!
Subscribe for more food fun – http://goo.gl/Pw8vy7
Detailed Recipes – http://cookingshooking.com/recipe/attacake-dprc/
Business Emails – email@example.com
Website: http://www.cookingshooking.com | http://www.cookingshooking.in