Black Forest Cake, hit among adults as well as kids.
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Black-Forest-Cake-(-Cake-Recipe-)-37204r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Black Forest Cake
A classic dessert of chocolate sponge cake layered with cream and cherries.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 cake
For The Sugar Syrup
1/2 cup sugar
For The Cake
1 readymade chocolate sponge cake
4 cups beaten whipped cream (beaten)
14 to 16 canned cherries , cut into halves
For The Garnish
1 1/4 cups chocolate curls
8 to 10 whole canned cherries
For the sugar syrup
1. Combine the sugar and 3/4 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium
flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
How to proceed
1. Place the chocolate cake on a turntable and slice it horizontally into 3 equal
layers. Keep aside.
2. Place the bottom layer of the chocolate cake on the turntable and soak it with
2 tbsp of the soaking syrup.
3. Spread 1 cup of whipped cream evenly on the soaked layer of the cake with the
help of a spatula.
4. Arrange half of the canned cherries at equal distance over it.
5. Repeat the steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more layer on top.
6. Finally place the topmost layer of the cake on top and soak it with the remaining soaking syrup.
7. Spread the remaining beaten whipped cream evenly on top and at the sides of the cake with the help of a spatula.
8. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the chocolate curls on top of the cake leaving 1 inch from the circumference of the cake.
9. Gently pat the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate curls evenly along the sides of the cake.
10. Place the whole canned cherries evenly along the circumference of the cake and refrigerate till use.
11. Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.