♥ Please Subscribe my channel for more delicious recipes!
♥ Visit my website for written recipes and everyday meal! – http://www.SeonkyoungLongest.com
♥ Add me on Facebook for everyday update!- http://www.facebook.com/seonkyounglongest
♥ Follow me on Instagram!- @Seonkyoung
♥ Follow me on Twitter! – http://twitter.com/Seonkyoung
♥ Any Questions! 😀 – firstname.lastname@example.org
♥ Original Recipe: Hana’s EZ Baking http://blog.naver.com/mdchung1/80158012200
Hi guys! I’m Seonkyoung Longest!
Welcome to my cooking channel (food channel)!
In this video I’m going to show you how to make Strawberry Kiwi Roll Cake!
This cake is one of my favorite desserts!
I filmed this video at WA with my Nephew Hanyeol (David), and we had so much FUN!!!
He did really great job, even though he’s dream is becoming a dentist, I think he can be a chef one day. 😉
By the way, if you watched video you will noticed the written recipe is a bit different, but don’t worry just follow the written recipe. (I measured flour again, it is actually better with 1/4 cup less and we didn’t have vanilla when we filming this video)
I hope you enjoy this light and refreshing dessert recipe!!!
Strawberry Kiwi Roll Cake
1/2 cup and 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 large or 5 extra-large eggs, room temperature, separated
3/4 cup sugar plus 1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon water, room temp
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon hot water
2 Tablespoons honey
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup chopped strawberries
1/3 cup chopped kiwi
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Preapare a 11X16 inch baking sheet line with parchment paper. Sift flour in a mixing bowl.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat egg whites until frothy, about 1 minute. With the machine on medium-high speed, gradually add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time. Increase speed to high and beat until mixture is thick and holds stiff peaks, about 5 min. Reduce speed to low; add egg yolks one at a time, beat for 1 min. Add water and oil, beat for 10 sec.
3. Using a spatula, fold in flour. Mix it completely. Pour batter onto prepared baking sheet. With a scraper, smooth the top and slam on to a hard surface a couple times. This will compress batter and get most of the air out. Bake for 12 to 15 min.
4. On hot cake, line with parchment paper on top, then a cooling rack. Flip it over, and gently peel parchment paper. (Now you have new parchment paper underneath and used one is gone) Let it cool a couple of minutes, (It should still be warm) using parchment paper underneath to help lift and roll cake. Roll cake from short end to short end with parchment paper inside. Let it cool completely about 10 min.
5. Meanwhile, combine hot water and honey, mix well and set aside. Beat heavy cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until it holds stiff peaks. (Do not over whip it but make sure it is hard enough to hold the shape)
6. Unroll cooled cake, choose one side and diagonally trim end. This will make finished roll cake look complete. Brush honey syrup all over top of cake then spread whipped cream.
Sprinkle strawberries and kiwi top of whipped cream. Roll, starting from untrimmed side to trimmed side, then wrap with parchment paper. Let set at least 20 min to an hour in refrigerator before cutting. Otherwise, it won’t keep its shape.