This scrumptious RUM CAKE is simple the BEST. Serve for dessert at your Christmas Day table for a new family food tradition. You’ll be glad you did. Great for entertaining or gift giving, too!! I invite you to learn how fast, easy and delicious this cake can be for anyone to make. Click on “SHOW MORE” below for my favorite RUM CAKE RECIPE…
CHRISTMAS RUM CAKE
Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F.
Grease & flour 10″ tube or 12 cup bundt pan. Set aside.
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 (3 3/4 oz.) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Dark Rum (Bacardi works best)
1 cup pecan or walnut, chopped
1. Evenly add chopped pecan to bottom of prepare cake pan. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl add next 6 ingredients. With hand mixer beat on medium-high for 2-3 minutes. Pour cake batter evenly over chopped nuts.
3. Bake for 1 hour. Cool cake 10 minutes on cooling rack. Loosen cake from pan. Turn cake upside down onto serving dish.
4. With a wooden skewer add holes into top of cake (about 75). Set aside.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1. Add 4 ingredients into a small sauce pan over medium-heat. Bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. With a spoon…slowly add rum glaze to top of cake until cake has absorbed all the rum glaze.
Refrigerate up to 1 month in airtight container. Bring to room temperature before serving. Maybe served with whipped cream.