SUBSCRIBE HERE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGKAhUMPWsdLT1vb3hl1Dtg
Learn how to make Dominican cake. This cake is moist, soft and delicious.
Where else can you find me!?
Tweets by jonnymejia23
Any donations will be greatly appreciated: https://www.paypal.me/jonnymejia95
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-2/3 cups white sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3 medium eggs
3 medium egg yolk (use egg whites for frosting)
1 Tbsp Dominican white vanilla (named Delifruit vanilla)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup orange juice
Half of lime, zest
Italian Meringue (double recipe for more meringue)
3 eggs whites
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp Dominican white vanilla
1 (14 oz) can Dulce de leche, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line two 9 inch cake pans with parchment paper
2. Beat together butter until it is light and fluffy (4 minutes). Add sugar and cream together until it has a very light yellow color (about 4 mins).
3. Add the eggs/egg yolks one by one and continue beating until each is well incorporated into the mixture before adding the next.
4. Add the lime zest, orange juice and vanilla, mix until all is well-mixed.
5. Sift flour, baking powder and salt and add it to the mixture. Mix on low while adding the evaporate milk. Mix until the batter is smooth, make sure not to over mix. Use your spatula to make sure there’s no lumps.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the cake pans. Smooth the top and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool down cakes to room temperature before removing from the pan.
For the meringue
7. In a sauce pan over medium high heat, mix sugar and water. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring heat to medium and simmer until it reaches 235 °F (112 °C). If you do not have a thermometer, simmer until the mixture is at soft ball stage, usually takes 10 minutes, mixture should be thick and still light in color.
8. Using the wire whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until they become white and has doubled (about 3 mins). Slowly add the syrup while mixing on high and mix until stiff peaks. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
9. Level out the cakes if necessary. Use the bottom of cake to be the top. Pour the dulce de leche then spread. Stack the other cake.
10. To decorate the cake spread the meringue on top and around the cake, leave a little bit of white meringue to color it if you want. Decorate according to your taste and abilities. I used a wilton #21 tip
Bizcocho Dominicano para negocio, bizcocho dominicano como los de la repostería , how to cake it , Italian meringue , Italian frosting , como hacer bizcocho Dominicano paso a paso , receta para bizcocho dominicano ,