Warning!!! This cake is super unhealthy, but super delicious. So be sure to share the “love” with friends and family. This cake is rustic and simple. Great for any occasions. Enough said, let jump to the recipe!
Follow me on Instagram for more updates : https://www.instagram.com/bakingwithmi
Please Subscribe for more video: https://www.youtube.com/bakingwithmi
Mrs. Ng SK’s recipe:
200g of eggs (without shells and separated. It is about 5-6 medium eggs)
50g (for meringue) + 150g (for butter batter) sugar
200g self rising flour
60 ml milk
1 tsp vanilla bean paste (can use vanilla extract)
Make your own self rising flour if you don’t have any:
Recipe is from JoyofBaking
1 cup / 130g of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Mix everything together and sift it couple times to ensure everything is mixed well.
Brief step by step instructions:
1. Preheat oven 350F. Line an 8 inch pan with parchment paper and prep all your ingredients
2. separate your eggs (200g in total) into 2 separate mixing bowls.
3. cream butter and 150g of sugar until it becomes white and it has doubled in size (also fluffy)
4. beat in vanilla flavoring. Add in egg yolks one by one until everything is well combined.
5. Add in half of the flour into the butter batter. Mix
6. Put in milk in two separate portions, be sure every portion of milk are mixed well before adding anything else. Set aside.
7. Whip egg whites and add in sugar gradually. Beat it until you hit stiff peak
8. Put in half of the whipped egg whites into butter batter and mix on low speed to loosen the batter.
9. Fold in the rest of the egg whites.
10. Pour the batter into your prepped pan
11. Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 30 mins and turn the oven down to 300F and bake it for another 15 mins.
12. After the cake is finished baking, crack the oven door a bit open and leave it to cool down for about 15 mins.
13. Take the cake out and flip it over on a cool rack to completely cool down.
14. And now, you are ready to serve.
Easy Lemon by Kevin MacLeod
is licensed under a CC Attribution 3.0.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license are available at http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/licenses/.