SUBSCRIBE HERE: https://www.youtube.com/inthekitchenwithjonnyj
Hi everyone! Today I’m showing you my master recipe for chocolate cake. It’s rich, moist and chocolaty. You can always frost a cake with chocolate ganache, but I decided to pared the chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, this cake is perfect as a birthday cakes.
If you read the description box leave me a comment 🙂
FOLLOW ME HERE, GUYS!
For the chocolate cake:
2 cups (250 grams)all purpose/plain flour
1 cup (255 grams) brown sugar, packed well
1 cup (200 grams) white sugar
3/4 cup (75 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk
1/2 cup (120 ml) flavorless oil, such as canola, vegetable, corn
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (240 ml) of coffee
For the chocolate frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks/226 grams) butter, softened
5 cups (625 grams)powder sugar
1 cup (100 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by lining them with parchment paper or buttering and lightly flouring.
2. Add flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk through to combine.
3. In a jug, whisk the buttermilk, oil, eggs, coffee and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and mix together until well combined and there’s no lumps.
4. Divide cake batter evenly between the two prepared cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
5. Make chocolate fudge frosting by creaming butter. Once the butter is smooth and pale slowly add the powder sugar until is well blended (don’t panic if the mixture looks way too thick/stiff) add cocoa, milk and vanilla.
6. On medium hight speed mix until the frosting is fluffy. If is too stiff add more milk little by tittle until the right consistency. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
7. Frost and decorate the cake according to your skills and liking.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTERMILK
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Stir together and allow to stand for 10 minutes