Orange Cake, delicious each time to make it!!!
Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Orange-Cake-Eggless-Orange-Slice-Cake-2622r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Orange Cake, Eggless Orange Slice Cake
The pleasant hue and fresh citrusy aroma of this Orange Cake are sure to attract you! And when you do bite into a slice, the outcome will be even better than what you expected because the fresh orange juice and orange rind used in the batter give this cake a very refreshing flavour, comparable to the experience of biting into an orange cream biscuit. Condensed milk balances the citrus notes beautifully and gives this cake a rich, milky touch too. If you loved this recipe, you are sure to like more of our orange recipes, like the Orange Raisins Muffin and the Orange Sandesh. Do give them a try too!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: Nil.
Makes 1 loaf (12 slices).
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F).
Baking Time: 40 minutes.
¼ cup fresh orange juice
¼ tsp orange essence
A few drops of orange colour
1½ tsp orange rind
½ cup soft butter
½ cup condensed milk
1¼ cups plain flour (maida)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1. Combine the butter and the condensed milk in a deep bowl, mix well using a spatula.
2. Add the orange essence, orange colour and orange rind and mix well.
3. Add the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and orange juice and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175mm. (7”) rectangle aluminium loaf tin and tap it lightly. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 35 minutes.
5. Cool slightly, loosen the sides with the help of a knife and demould it.
6. Cut the cake into 13 mm. (½“) slices.
Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.