What better way to let your kids know whether they’re having a baby brother or a baby sister than to let them bite into these gender reveal cupcakes. Tune in next week to see what we’re having!!! Subscribe for new vids M-W-F! http://bit.ly/sub2moms
Follow me on Instagram! http://instagram.com/madewithmeg
INGREDIENTS for GANACHE
– 8 oz chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– OPTIONAL: butter
DIRECTIONS for GANACHE
1) Heat heavy cream in sauce pan until bubbling. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add butter if ganache is not completely smooth. Allow ganache to cool slightly.
INGREDIENTS for FROSTING FILLING
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 2.5 cups confectioner sugar
– 1-2 tsp vanilla
– food coloring
DIRECTIONS for FROSTING FILLING
1) Beat butter in electric mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2) Slowly add in confectioner sugar (mix after each addition), until incorporated.
3) Add vanilla and desired food coloring.
INGREDIENTS for CUPCAKES
– 1 dozen chocolate (or vanilla) cupcakes
– frosting filling
DIRECTIONS for CUPCAKES
1) Cut a cone out of center of cupcake, using small knife. Safe cone.
2) Pipe frosting into cupcake hole. Replace cone into cupcake.
3) Dip cupcake into ganache. Allow to cool. Then decorate.
Chocolate Cupcakes (my favorite recipe)
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup cocoa
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
– ½1/2cup boiling water
1) Preheat oven to 325º F. Line muffin tin.
2) Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and espresso powder to mixer. Mix until combined.
3) Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for about 1 minute to add air to the batter.
4) Pour batter into muffin tin (about 3/4 full). Bake in oven 12-15 minutes. Cool.
Want to collaborate? http://bit.ly/InTheWUM
We provide our videos for entertainment and promotional purposes only. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or usefulness of the content, instructions and advice contained in our videos. WUM is not liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on anything contained in our videos.