Hello, Tinkerelle here! I am so happy to finally start my cooking series!
Bibimbap seems like one of the most popular korean cuisines among my non-Korean friends, and it’s a great example of authentic vegan dish from Korean culture!
Please try making this recipe, and let me know how it came out 🙂
*please read this*
1. The vegetable ingredients I used are spinach, zucchini, MUSHROOM (not in the video), soy bean sprout, carrot, cucumber. The amount doesn’t have to be exact. It’s up to your personal taste and preference.
2. You want to boil the soybean sprout WITHOUT opening the pot lid for 20 mins. Opening the lid will cause bad aroma in the soup.
3. Do not overcook spinach
4. after you cut carrot, zucchini, and cucumber, sprinkle a generous amount of salt on them so the moist can come out from the veggies!
5. Both boiled soy bean sprout and spinach will be prepared as Namul- meaning, you will mix with minced garlic, spring onion, salt or soy sauce (up to you), sesame oil and roasted sesame seeds.
6. Make sure you use KOREAN red pepper pasted from a local korean/ asian market.
7. When mixing everything, add a tiny bit of sesame oil and sesame seeds to make the mixing easier.
8. If you don’t like the red pepper paste, chop up some kimchi into tiny bites and replace the paste.
I hope you enjoy this dish!!
Let me know if you have any questions! xoxo 🙂