This recipe comes from the Weight Watchers new complete cookbook: http://amzn.to/1T6gpQm
• 6 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
• 1 cup canned cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
• ¼ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• 3 scallions, minced
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1/8 cayennne
• Preheat oven to 400F degrees
• Wrap garlic in foil and roast until very soft (about 30 mins). Unwrap and let garlic cool.
• When cool enough to handle, squeeze garlic from skins and put in food processor. Add all remaining ingredients and puree. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve at once or refrigerate in covered container for two days.
Per ¼ cup: 62 calories, 3g total fat, 249 mg sodium, 8g total carbs, 2g protein, 2g fiber
PointsPlus Value: 2
This appetizer pairs well with pita bread, carrots, or even chips.
*This post contains affiliate links