Preparing an all-natural Paleo Salisbury steak is a breeze with our easy recipe! Our Salisbury steak recipe video features grass-fed PrimalFat Coconut Ghee, which combines beneficial coconut oil with nutritious ghee and adds a delicate flavor to your cooking. You can use grass-fed coconut ghee for baking, sautéing, stir-frying and more.
Visit http://www.pureindianfoods.com/whole30-paleo-program-s/54.htm to try our different types of Paleo-approved ghee! Pure Indian Foods’ ghee is created using milk from only grass-fed and ethically raised cows. We’ve been making ghee for a long time (five generations), and we add no preservatives to our ghee.
We hope you enjoy your Paleo Salisbury steak!
2 lbs. grass-fed ground beef
1 cup spinach, finely diced
1 pasture-raised egg
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
1/4 tsp. ground marjoram
1/4 tsp. finely ground black pepper
2 tbsp. PrimalFat Coconut Ghee
For the gravy:
4 TBSP PrimalFat Coconut Ghee
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
1 cup beef broth
¼ cup coconut milk
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
1) Place all ingredients for the patties in a large bowl, except the PrimalFat Coconut Ghee, and mix well by hand. Then, form into patties (you should be able to make seven).
2) In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp. of PrimalFat Coconut Ghee over medium-high heat. Place the patties into the hot melted ghee — you want the pan to be very hot and sizzling. Cook for a few minutes per side; the beef should be browned on both sides.
3) When done, set the patties in a tray and keep them warm in the oven while you make the gravy.
4) Melt more PrimalFat Coconut Ghee over medium heat in the same pan you just used to cook the patties. Add the onions, bell pepper and mushrooms in the ghee until tender, about 7-8 minutes.
5) Add the beef broth and deglaze the pan (scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pan from cooking the steaks). Bring to a boil and add the coconut milk and pepper. Mix well and bring back to a boil. Turn the heat down until the gravy is just simmering.
6) Keep simmering and reduce the gravy by frequently stirring for about 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
7) Serve the steaks with the gravy ladled over the top and some of your favorite vegetables on the side.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 23 minutes
Makes: 7 Salisbury steaks