MEATLOAF is one of American’s top comfort foods. Made with ground chuck beef, onions, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, etc., then baked with ketchup & brown sugar mixture topping, CRAVE the MEATLOAF!!! Click on “Show more” before for recipe…
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2 LBS. ground chuck beef
1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
1 large shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
!/2 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl add ground chuck, onions, shallots, oatmeal, ketchup, egg, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt & pepper. Mix ingredients until well combine. Do Not over mix.
2. In a 13″ by 9″ baking pan shape meatloaf into desired shape. May use bread loaf pan.
3. Mix together topping, ketchup and brown sugar, evenly spread on top of meatloaf.
4. Add water to another baking pan and place on bottom rack in oven. (This will keep MEATLOAF moist and keep top from cracking while baking).
5 Bake MEATLOAF for 55 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Cool MEATLOAF for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.