Cook this easy BBQ recipe – steak with herbed mushrooms, classic Australian food
Get recipe & shop ingredients online: http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/Shop/Recipe/3077
Brush steaks with oil, cook on barbecue, cook mushrooms, butter, thyme and rosemary on barbecue. Serve with parsley.
Prep mins: 10
Cook mins: 10
4 fresh rosemary sprigs
1-2 tablespoons Woolworths Select Spanish classic olive oil
4 x 250g Macro Organic beef Porterhouse steaks 600g mixed mushrooms (such as Portobello, Cup and Oyster), thickly sliced
100g Woolworths Select creamy Tasmanian butter, diced
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves, torn
1. Heat barbecue grill and flat plates to medium-high. Use half the rosemary to brush the oil over the steaks. Season.
2. Cook steaks on the grill plate for 2-3 minutes each side for medium. Transfer to a plate. Rest covered, for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, remove leaves from remainder of rosemary and roughly chop. Add to a bowl with butter, mushrooms and thyme. Season. Tip onto flat plate. Cook, stirring constantly with tongs for 1-2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a bowl. Add parsley.
4. Serve the steaks topped with grilled mushrooms and scatter with remaining thyme leaves.
Tip1: Use your favourite mushrooms in this recipe. Serve with butter lettuce leaves, avocado and olive oil.
Tip2: Remove steaks from fridge 30 minutes before barbequing to ensure even cooking. Replace the steaks with veal schnitzels and cook for 1 minute each side.
Tip3: The steaks can be cooked on a char-grill pan and the mushrooms in a frying pan if you do not have a barbecue.
Tools you may need:
• barbecue or char-grill pan.
Remember to subscribe to the Woolworths YouTube channel for more delicious recipe ideas each week: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr94-HE29as1D5dbk5T4f5Q
Watch more great Fresh Ideas recipe videos in the Fresh Ideas video playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZ-CbFpL2a-vvHZeZLAJc15C8ZyTlBxaF&action_edit=1
Shop all the ingredients from this recipe and more on Woolworths’ website : http://www2.woolworthsonline.com.au/