Watch how to make Onion Paratha, a delicious recipe by Ruchi Bharani.
Onion Paratha is a very popular North Indian breakfast dish. However, it can be eaten for lunch or dinner as well. Check out chef Ruchi Bharani’s take on this popular paratha recipe.
2 onions finely chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp amchur powder
2 green chillies, finely chopped
Salt to taste
1 cup wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
To make the filling:
– Heat oil in a pan.
– Add the chopped onion and saute for about 10 – 15 seconds. Turn off the flame and add the dry spices – garam masala, red chilli powder, aamchur (raw mango) powder, cumin seed powder, finely chopped green chillies, mint leaves, coriander leaves and salt to taste and mix all the ingredients well.
To make the dough:
– In a bowl, add the wheat flour, salt, oil and water and make a dough. Once done, let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
To make paratha:
– Make small round balls out of the dough.
– Roll out the parathas slightly and stuff good amount of the filling.
– Seal it from all the sides to make a small pouch. Coat it with some dry flour and roll it again. Roll it thin at the edges.
– Cook it on one side for a few seconds and then flip it over. Apply oil on both sides.
– Press on the edges slightly. Repeat the procedure for the rest of the parathas.
– The delicious onion parathas are ready to be served. These parathas go well with curd, pickle or even with potato sabzi.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood