I hope that you all enjoy these 4 delicious crockpot meals. If you do, don’t forget to subscribe and give this video a thumbs up!
1 tbs olive oil
600g beef chuck/casserole beef
2 garlic gloves/ 2 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbs dijon mustard
400g can diced tomatoes
1 cup (250 ml) beef stock
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tbs worcestershire sauce
1 tbs cornflour
your choice of pasta (i used fettucine)
1. Heat oil in pan over high heat. Cook the beef, in batches, turning occasionally, until brown all over. Transfer to the crockpot.
2. Add onion and mushrooms to the same pan. Cook stirring occasionally until onion softens slightly. Add the garlic, cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Add combined paprika and dijon mustard, stir until well combined.
3. Spoon onion mixture over the beef in the crockpot. Pour over the diced tomatoes and beef stock. Cook, covered, for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
4. After 6-8 hours, add the sour cream and worcestershire sauce and stir to combine. Combine the cornflour with 1 tbs cold water in a small bowl. Add to the crockpot and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 mins or until the sauce thickens..
5. Meanwhile, cook your choice of pasta according to packet instructions. Serve with the beef stroganoff on top. Enjoy. 🙂
CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SOUP
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Salt & pepper to taste
8 cups chicken stock
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced/sliced
3 carrots, peeled & diced
3 stalks celery, diced
3 medium potatoes (i used 6 small)
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp basil
2 bay leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
crusty bread – optional
1. Wash and cut all of your produce.
2. Season chicken with salt & pepper and place in the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Add in chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, potatoes, thyme, rosemary, basil and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. Remove chicken from crockpot and shred. Remove bay leaves.
5. Return shredded chicken to crockpot and stir.
6. If you are using noodles, and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
7. Stir in lemon juice and chopped parsley.
8. Serve with crusty bread. Enjoy.
SLOW COOKED MEATBALLS
500g beef mince/ground beef
2 pork sausages – casings removed
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tsp sage
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup beef stock
400g can diced tomatoes
400g jar tomato pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
1. Place beef, sausage mince, breadcrumbs, egg, sage, oregano and basil in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use your hands to mix until well combined. Roll mixture out into meatballs. Place on a plate.
2. Heat oil in a frying an over medium/high heat. Add the meatballs in 2 batches. Cook, turning, until browned all over. Transfer to crockpot.
3. In the same pan, add the onion, and cook, stirring until onion softens. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the beef stock and bring to the boil. Add the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce and stir to combine. Pour over the meatballs in the crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6/8 hours.
4. Cook the pasta according to packet directions. Drain well. Return pasta to pot and add a little bit of the sauce from the crockpot. Toss to combine. Serve the meatballs on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy.
TUSCAN CHICKEN PASTA
1 tbs butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sun dried tomato strips
1/4 cup parmesan cheese + extra for topping (optional)
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 cup baby spinach
500g Penne pasta
1 stick butter
2 cups parmesan cheese
1 cup thickened cream
1. For the homemade alfredo sauce:
Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan. Add the cream and simmer about 5 mins until it begins to thicken. Add the parmesan and stir until its melted and the sauce s smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Add the butter to a frying pan over medium/high heat and let it melt. Add the chicken breasts and cook each side about 3-5 minutes until browned, turning only once. Place the chicken into the crockpot.
3. In a medium bowl, add the alfredo sauce, sun dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese and italian seasoning and stir to combine. Pour the mixture over the chicken in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours.
4. Stir in baby spinach leaves and cook another 5 minutes or so.
5. In the meantime, cook pasta according to packet directions. Drain well. Add to crockpot and stir to combine. Serve with extra parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy.