What’s better than a bowl of delicious, peanutty Thai stew? If it contains fresh, Ontario pork and only takes 15 minutes to prep!
Fire up your crock pot, toss in the ingredients, and get ready for a Thai slow cooker meal that won’t disappoint.
Yield: Serves 6
Cooking Time: 8 hours (in slow cooker)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
2 lb (1 kg) Ontario pork shoulder roast, trimmed
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1/4 cup (50 mL) ready-to-use teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp (30 mL) white wine vinegar
1/2 – 1 tsp (2 – 5 mL) cayenne pepper (depending on how ‘hot’ you prefer)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
1 cup (250 mL) frozen green beans, thawed
2 Tbsp (30 mL) peanuts, unsalted, chopped
1. Cut Ontario pork roast into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes.
2. Place pork pieces, red bell pepper strips, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, cayenne pepper, and garlic in a slow cooker; stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-1/2 hours.
4. Then add peanut butter and green beans, stirring to mix. Cook for an additional 1/2 hour on HIGH.
5. Serve over hot cooked rice or rice noodles. Top with chopped peanuts.
For nutritional information, see the full recipe here: http://www.ontariopork.on.ca/recipes/All-Recipes/Recipe-View/ArticleId/2198/Thai-Peanut-Pork-Stew-Slow-Cooker