Macher Paturi, or Fish Paturi is a traditional Bengali dish for special occasions. Fish is marinated in mustard paste, wrapped in banana leaves parcel and steam cooked. Very healthy and equally delicious!
Salmon – 2 piece
Mustard Oil – 3-4 tsp
Nigella Seeds (Kalonji) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Banana Leaves -2 small
Mustard Paste – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Wash the fish pieces nicely.
2. Mix the kalonji seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, 2 tsp salt and 3 to 4 tblsp mustard oil in a bowl.
3. Add the fish pieces and mix until evenly coated.
4. Cover and keep them in the fridge for 2 hours or over night.
5. Remove the fish from the fridge and mix with sugar, mustard paste and remaining oil.
6. Stir gently, cover and keep it back in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Gently warm the 2 small banana leaves over an open flame for 30 seconds, ensuring it does not get burnt.
8. Add the marinated fish pieces to the banana leaves and fold them well.
9. Secure the edges with toothpicks and steam cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
10. Serve hot with rice.
Please subscribe: www.youtube.com/barnaliskitchen
Like facebook page: www.facebook.com/barnaliskitchen
View my blog: http://www.barnaliskitchen.blogspot.in/
Download My app: www.amazon.com (use key word barnali’s Kitchen