20-24 baby potatoes, boiled with turmeric powder and peeled
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1½ teaspoons red chilli powder
1 teaspoon oil + 3½ tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch cinnamon
2-3 green cardamoms
1 blade mace (javitri)
½ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
½ cup tomato puree
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Black pepper powder to taste
2 tablespoons cashewnut paste
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
¼ cup yogurt, whisked
1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
5 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
Roasted dried fenugreek leaves powder for sprinkling
1. Take potatoes in a bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon chilli powder and 1 teaspoon oil and mix well.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan. Add potatoes and sauté till crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan. Add cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and mace and sauté till fragrant.
4. Add asafoetida and ginger-garlic paste, mix and sauté well.
5. Discard the mace and cinnamon and blend together the remaining sautéed ingredients into a smooth paste using water as required.
6. Heat ½ tablespoon oil in another non-stick pan. Add the prepared paste and tomato puree, mix and cook for 8-10 minutes.
7. Add coriander powder, remaining turmeric powder, remaining chilli powder and cumin powder and mix. Add pepper powder, mix and simmer for a minute.
8. Add cashewnut paste and mix. Add garam masala powder, mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Switch off heat, add yogurt and mix well. Add sautéed potatoes and mix well. Add coriander leaves and mix.
10. Transfer on a serving plate, grate some cottage cheese on top, sprinkle dried fenugreek leaves powder and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware. Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor