Mangalorean Rice Bhakri – Indian Roti – Vegetarian Recipe by Annuradha Toshniwal
In this episode learn how to make Mangalorean Rice Bhakri, a traditional Indian Roti but not made out of wheat, instead it is made out of rice and which is quite popular in Southern India.
1 Cup Boiled Rice
1/2 Cup Grated Coconut
2 tbsp of Coriander
2 Chopped Green Chilies
– In a mixture churn the ingredients, rice, coconut, coriander, green chilies, salt and little water to make a dough.
– Pour the mixture in a plate.
– Grease banana leaves with oil .
– Make balls out of the dough and place it on the banana leaves with the grease side up.
– With a rolling fill gently roll it. Keep It little thick.
– On a heated pan, place the whole thing on the pan and let it cook.
– Turn the roti when one side of it is cooked well.
– Plate it when both the side have been cooked and the bhakri is ready to be consumed.
There is an alternative way to cook it as well:
– After mixing all the ingredients and making a dough out of it.
– Oil your hand and make a smaller ball out of the whole dough.
– Gently press the rice mixture in between your hands to give it a thick yet nice round shape to it.
– Put it on a heated pan and add some oil and cook it till light golden brown
– Flip it and cook the other side as well by putting some more oil to it.
– The Bhakri is ready to be served
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/UxOi1b
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/n7zXwn
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rajshrifood
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/114588487895582397530/posts