Learn how to make Upma – quick and easy to make breakfast recipe
Upma – Vegetable Porridge – Vegetarian Recipe by Ruchi Bharani [HD]
In this episode, Chef Ruchi Bharani teaches you how to make Upma. A favorite Indian breakfast which is easy and quick to make and very nutritious as well.
1/2 cup Semolina ( Rawa / Sooji )
1/4 cup chopped Carrots
1/4 cup chopped Onions
1 tbsp tomatoes (deseeded & finely chopped)
2 Green Chilies Chopped
1 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1 tbsp Curd (Yogurt)
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tbsp Cashew nut pieces
1/4 cup Frozen Green Peas
– Heat 2 cups of water in a pan and let it boil
– Add the vegetables, carrots, tomatoes and green peas and boil it for 5 mins and remove it from flame
– In a frying pan, put some Ghee and some mustard seeds
– Add green chilies, cashew nuts and curry leaves and fry till the cashew nut is golden brown in color.
– Add onions and semolina and roast the whole thing for around 7mins in low flame.
– Add vegetables along with the vegetable stock and stir it well
– Boil it in low flame till the water dries out.
– Add salt, coriander leaves and beaten curd& cook it for a while.
– Garnish it with grated coconut and coriander leaves and the Upma is ready to be served hot.
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/HMXofi
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/fQUXLq
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=rajshrifood
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Pinterest at http://www.pinterest.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/b/114588487895582397530/114588487895582397530/posts / plus.google.com/+rajshrifood